A mother is a friend, protector, guide, disciplinarian and many more things. She is a selfless, loving human who sacrifices many of her wants and needs for the needs of their children. A mother’s love is unconditional for her children.
From the day a child is born, she works hard to make sure that her child is equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities. She gives her best to make you a competent human being. Being a mother is perhaps the hardest, most rewarding job.
“Mothers never retire, no matter how old her children are she is always a Mom, always willing to encourage and help her children in any way she can!” – Catherine Pulsifer
A mother is the first person a child ever knows. Mothers are the most important persons of our life and to appreciate her efforts and pay tribute for everything a mother does assiduously for her child mother’s day is celebrated every year with a lot of zeal and enthusiasm across the world.
Mother’s Day 2020: Date
Mother’s Day marks the celebration of motherhood and acknowledges her efforts. Every year Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May. This year it will be celebrated on Sunday, May 10.
A mother is not a definition; it’s a feeling
On this day, people all over the world celebrate the day and surprise their mom’s with gifts or take her out for a beautiful trip, but this year due to Coronavirus lockdown the celebrations will be different.
Mother’s Day 2020: History
It is believed that Mother’s Day was first celebrated in the US. A woman named Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother because her mother expressed a desire and had asked her to hold a memorial after her death. Thus, three years after her mother’s death on May 10, 1908, Jarvis held a memorial ceremony to honour her mother and all mothers at Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church.
We are sure that some of you have already planned the day for your mom. In case if you haven’t planned anything yet then you can simply gift her rose or any other flower from your garden and thank her for everything, she has done for you till date.
MOTHER’S DAY 2020: QUOTES TO SHARE WITH YOUR MOM.
- “The truth is that no matter how old we are, as long as our mothers are alive, we want our mother. And it’s a very powerful relationship if it’s healthy.” -Goldie Hawn
- “My mother was the dearest, sweetest angel. She didn’t talk; she sang. She was a tower of strength.” -Jayne Meadows
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” -Oscar Wilde
- “A mother is a woman who shows you the light when you just see the dark.” -Grimaldos Robin
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” -Victor Hugo
- “Never undermine yourself because you are ‘just’ a house mom.” -Tracey Taylor
On this mother’s day share these quotes and make her feel special amid lockdown.