I have written this book “Turn your fussy eater into a foodie” for all the parents who are struggling hard to make their children eat good food. Food full of nutrition.
The house turns into battlefield at every meal. With Mommy and daddy on one side and children on the other. Lots of fight ,struggle ,yealing, tantrums, spilling over…with just one thing “FOOD”. No matter how yummy you make, whatever Masala you add, however you serve …The food is not going to go inside the child stomach easily..
The “polite one bite” rule is great, but leave it : “The goal is not to get them to eat the broccoli today but to help them actually like the broccoli long-term.” The idea is to have expose them to a wide variety of flavors, my daughter now eat almost everything.”Best part of my daughter day is when she goes to Gymkhana to play with her friends. And that’s when I pack up healthy snack in a Snack box. I usually found out that when children are playing its better to feed them there.
I have heard so many stories from mothers complaining that their kid refuses to eat everything on her plate, anxiety often kicks in, leading you to make desperate offers of healthy staples you know she’ll like: “How about a bowl of yogurt?” or “Let me get you a bowl of soup.”
My daughter loves broccoli and I can simply steam or boil it, season it with a little butter, salt and pepper and she loves to eat it as finger food. She also loves it on top of her pizzas and in her pastas. I feel the broccoli soup helped in converting her to the other side. This broccoli soup recipe is delicious, easy to drink for kids and hides any pungent taste that they may dislike. Recipe to make Brocolli soup. Using this you can turn your fussy eater into foodie. If you are worried about your child’s Nutrition and health soups are the best way to change appetite. There are lots of Recipes in my book “TURN YOUR FUSSY EATER INTO FOODIE” which you can DOWNLOAD from here.
HOW TO MAKE BROCOLLI SOUP
- 2 cups Broccoli cut into small florets
- ½ cup carrots cut into dices
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp Butter (optional)
My Dryfruit Magic : Soak 5-6 Almonds, 2-3 walnuts and 1-2 Pista in water overnight.
It is a task to feed Nuts (Superfoods) to toddlers .Try this way it will help you in keeping your kidoo healthy. If you still feel they are still hard. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistle to make a runny puree with Milk in a blender and mix with any soup or Dal.
- Now lets back to the Brocolli Soup Recipe:
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and sauté till they become soft.
- Add carrots and sauté for some more time.
- Add broccoli and sauté well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté well for 3-4 minutes till you get nice smell and vegetables look shimmery.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes and remove from fire. Let it cool for few minutes.
- Use a hand blender to blend or put in a blender to make a fine puree.
- Heat a little butter in pan and add blended soup and mix well.
- You may now adjust consistency by adding more stock and also check salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, add fresh cream and serve hot with croutons or bread sticks.
Secret Ingridient-Sprinkle some homemade cheese on it.