Hi everyone, winters are round the corner. Not only adults even children do have dry and flaky skin. Here are some simple and natural DIY which will give your child a pampered baby skin. Just to be on safer side consult your pediatrician before trying out any new procedure for your child.
- DIY with Breastmilk
This is a natural source full of goodness. It’s universally a good remedy for cough and cold, diarrhea, constipation and conjunctivitis too. It is a very simple process. Apply this milk on the affected area and wash it off after 30 mins with normal water. The result is soft and supple skin. Best part is that you can use these DIY from children from age (1 -10)
- DIY with Natural oils
Natural Oils like coconut oil, almond oil do wonders to baby’s skin. Please note each baby has a different skin type, choose the oil accordingly.
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the natural moisturiser. Follow the simple steps and protect the baby skin. Result of the skin care is moisture content remains intact in the skin; it protects the skinfrom microbes and leaves the skin glowing.
- Take a bowl and pour some amount of oil required for your baby’s body. Best result when kept in the sun for 20 mins.
- Just apply a thin layer of coconut oil on the body after bath.
- Or if u feel little oily then apply it 4-5 hours before the bath.
- Almond Oil
Almond oil also can be used to massage and apply over the body. Avoid the fragrant ones as they may have added ingredients. Use Plain pure almond oil. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants and help in nourishing and moisturizing the skin. I personally have used it; constant use lightens the skin tone too.
- DIY using Avocado
Avocados are nutritional powerhouse providing numerous potential health benefits.
- Mash the Avocado and apply it over your child’s dry skin area.
- Leave for 10 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- You can also use Avocado oil.
- DIY using Aloevera
Aloevera is a natural moisturizer with antifungal and antibacterial properties. It is best to use fresh aloevera gel from the plant. Aloevera grows quickly and having an aloevera plant at home will come handy this winter. Please note keep the aloevera plant away from children and pets.
- Just cut a piece from the aloevera plant.
- Squeeze the gel onto to your palm.
- Place a small amount of the gel in your finger
- Apply it gently over the child’s skin in the areas of dryness.
- Work till the gel completely disappears and is absorbed into the skin.
- It can be used once or twice a day during winter.
- DIY using Oats
Oats is another amazing and safe home remedy for your little one’s dry skin. Oats has an anti- inflammatory effects and it suits most of the skin types, even the sensitive ones. Oats contain saponins, a mild cleansing agent. They also help in removing dead cells and helps in exfoliating the skin.
- Grind the oats to a fine powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon of the ground oats powder to bath water tub and mix well.
- Virgin Olive oil also can be added to the bath water.
- Allow it to soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Also you can tie the whole oats in a muslin cloth and place inside the water for 15-20 minutes.
- This can be done 2-3 times during the winter months.
- Be very cautious while bathing the child in the tub, as it may be very slippery due to the oats.
- DIY using bread, Milk and Cream
Now bread is a soft scrubbing agent it helps in removing dead skin. Milk and cream are natural moisturizing agent.
- Take a bowl and put one slice of crumbled bread. Pour fresh milk and use your fingers to make a paste.
- Now rub it on your baby’s body and then rinse it with water.
- Now apply fresh milk cream in the body and rinse again with water after 5 min.
- Now clean the baby using any Baby soap.
- Result a clean and pampered skin.
- Now wipe out with towel Apply the Baby lotion and Baby powder.